10 Week English
The Global Study Centre pre-sessional programmes are provided by the University of Leicester English Language Teaching Unit (ELTU). The ELTU is accredited by the British Council and has nearly 30 years of experience in offering pre-sessional English.
Successful completion meets the English language requirement for all Global Study Centre programmes. There is no need to take another English language test, such as IELTS.
Why take a pre-sessional English course?
- Develop your English to the level required for admission onto the foundation programme
- Focus on academic English and study skills
- Familiarise yourself with UK study culture
- Practice language skills in an English-speaking environment
- Familiarise yourself with the campus and the city environment
About the pre-sessional English
- High pass rates
- Maximum class size of 16
- Qualified and friendly teachers
- 21 hours of classes per week
- All study materials provided
- Course day trip
- Extra curriculum activities such as English CLUB, Book Club and Newspod (dependent on intake)
- Access to all university facilities, such as the library and IT account
- Student accommodation available
About the English Language Teaching Unit
- 30 years’ experience of offering English support for University of Leicester students
- British Council accredited
- One of the largest departments of its kind in the UK
- Ranked among the top three university departments of its kind in the UK by the British Council
Please note that this programme currently only accepts students aged 18 years and above. Please get in touch if you are under 18 and require information on English langage support.
|July (leading into September intake)||October (leading into January intake)|
4.5 minimum in all bands
IELTS for UKVI required
Age 18 and above
8th July – 13th September 2019
7th October – 13th December 2019
21 hours per week