If you do not currently meet our English language entry requirements, you can enrol onto one of our Pre-Sessional English courses details of these are shown below.
The Global Study Centre pre-sessional programmes are provided by the University of Leicester Centre for International Training and Education (CITE). The CITE is accredited by the British Council and has nearly 30 years of experience in offering pre-sessional English.
Successful completion meets the English language requirement for all Global Study Centre programmes. There is no need to take another English language test, such as IELTS.
About the Centre for International Training and Education
- 30 years’ experience of offering English support for University of Leicester students
- British Council accredited for English language teaching to adults
- One of the largest departments of its kind in the UK
- Ranked among the top three university departments of its kind in the UK by the British Council
Why Take a Pre-Sessional English Course?
- Develop your English to the level required for admission onto the foundation programme
- Focus on academic English and study skills
- Familiarise yourself with UK study culture
- Practice language skills in an English-speaking environment
- Familiarise yourself with the campus and the city environment
About the Pre-Sessional English
- High pass rates
- Maximum class size of 16
- Qualified and friendly teachers
- 21 hours of classes per week
- All study materials provided
- Course day trip
- Extra curriculum activities such as English CLUB, Book Club and Newspod (dependent on intake)
- Access to all university facilities, such as the library and IT account
- Student accommodation available
4.0/4.5 minimum in all bands
IELTS for UKVI required
Age 18 and above
Entry Requirements and Course Information
If you do not currently meet the entry requirements for your chosen course, you can enrol onto one of the Pre-Sessional English courses below with a UKVI IELTS. English language training is conducted by the University of Leicester at the Centre for International Training and Education (CITE). Please note that you must be aged 18 or above.
|Course length||Foundation Entry level
Exit level: IELTS 5.5 (5.5 minimum in all bands)
|International Year One Entry level
Exit level: IELTS 6.0 (5.5 minimum in all bands)
|10 Weeks||IELTS 5.0 (4.5 minimum in all bands)||IELTS 5.5 (5.0 minimum in all bands)||July (leading into September intake)*||£3,675|
|October (leading into January intake)*||£3,750|
|20 Weeks||IELTS 4.5 (4.0 minimum in all bands)||IELTS 5.0 (4.5 minimum in all bands)||April (leading into September intake)*||£7,350|
*For exact start dates for Pre-sessional English courses please see our important dates page.
For further information and how to apply, please contact us by email at email@example.com.